Servo Hoist Systems
Knight Servo Hoist Systems are user-friendly, Intelligent Assist Devices (IAD) that provide controlled transfers of workloads by enhancing the precision and speed needed for the application. As an extension of an operator’s natural movement, this technology greatly improves the accuracy and repeatability of the application.
The inherent benefits include: elimination of wasted motion, reduced reaction time, and minimal effects of inertia with heavy loads. Servo Systems enable an operator to simply grasp the handle and move the load with instantaneous response. No button pushing required.
Standard or custom options are available to allow for various programmed product functions.
- Load Capacity: Up to 2,000 lbs. [907kg].
- Variable speeds: Up to 241 fpm [73.5mpm].
- 240 VAC / Single Phase.
- H5 Rated (continuous duty cycle).
- Standard “Float” Mode.
- Illuminated Run/ Stop Button.
- Fail Safe Brake.
- Load Sensing.
- Chain Driven.
- I/O Capabilities.
- Virtual Travel Limits.
- LED Status/ Fault Indicators.
- Various Chain Lengths available.
- Optional Remote Pendant or Remote Handle.
- Fully Programmable.
- Multiple attachment choices.
- Industry Standard 24 VDC/ 2 Amp Power.
- Programmable Speed Reduction Zones.
Servo System Configurations
- Safety Drop Stop Servo Hoist (Standard).
- Twin Chain Safety Drop Stop.
- Twin Chain Dual Motor Safety Drop Stop.
- Articulating Arm (Overhead Carriage).
- Articulating Arm (Floor Mounted).
- Extension Arm (Overhead Carriage).
- Extension Arm (Floor Mounted).
- Extension Boom Arm (Floor Mounted).
- Extension Boom Arm (Overhead Carriage).
- Vertical Arm (Overhead Carriage).
- Vertical Arm (Floor Mounted).
- Vertical Roller Arm (Overhead Carriage).
- Vertical Roller Arm (Floor Mounted).
- Servo Rack and Pinion Tractor.
- Servo “X” Tractor w/ “Z” Control.
- Servo “X/Y” Tractor.
- Servo “X/Y” Tractor w/ “Z” Control.
- Servo “XX/Y” Tractor w/ “Z” Control.
Controls & Accessories+
Servo Hoist Control Handles and Modules
Knight Global provides multiple models and configurations of Servo Hoist Control Handles. We offer our a line of Electric Control Handles, fully programmable Analog Inline Control Handles and fully programmable (LMM) Load Monitoring Modules.
Servo Hoist Attachments
Knight’s Servo Hoist attachment accessories offer various workstation rail load trolleys, fixture attachment options and custom designed End Effectors. Knight Global also offers many electrical supply and mounting choices for the the Knight Servo Hoist systems.
Servo Hoist Replacement Chain Kits
The Knight Servo Hoist patented Chains and Roller Chains are available in a full replacement kits that provide everything needed to replace worn out or broken chains. Chain working load limits vary and depend on chain thickness.
Knight’s Servo Hoist chain is a custom grade lifting chain specially treated to increase the life of the chain by up to 300%.
Why Choose Servo?+
Servo systems are intuitive and require little to no worker training. The operator will experience Instantaneous Response, when the handle is grasped.
The user can control lifting speeds, combined with setting acceleration and deceleration rates. The system monitors the weight at all times and can quickly react to loaded and unloaded conditions. Virtual limits up and down to set work envelopes and slow down zones. Additional I/O comes standard to all systems to assist in interlocking with added motions for a safe condition.
Servos systems assist your natural movements, by combining safety and ergonomics; it makes heavy loads feel weightless.
Chain is more durable when balancing weights in excess of 250 lbs. [113kg] and/ or when high cycle rates are encountered. Cable has a greater tendency to fray or “birdcage”. Chain makes this system virtually maintenance free.
All of the Servo Hoist features here add up to increased productivity, improved ergonomics for workers, and a safer work environment.
Maximum Servo Hoist lifting speeds up to 241 fpm (73.5mpm) and maximum Servo Tractor travel speeds up to 174 fpm (53.2mpm). By controlling your work envelopes and precise positioning you will decrease cycle times.
Selecting a Servo System+
KSHS Series Servo Hoist Control Configurations
When Selecting a Knight Servo Control System there are many factors to determine before selecting the appropriate configuration. To assist in determining the correct configuration for your application you will need to print, fill-out and submit this configuration sheet to Knight’s Estimating Department. If you need any assistance or need more information, contact our Servo Department.
Determining your Application Process
- System configuration – The KSH Series comes as a complete system with the option of an inline handle or a remote handle. One or the other comes with the system, not both.
- Lifting Capacity – Include your fixture, and part weight when determining a size.
- System Style – Single chain
- Coil Cable Length:
- Rail height – Know your hang point, from the bottom of the rail to the load hang point on a servo can be as tall as 4 ft., depending on your system configuration.
- Determine your pick-up and drop-off heights, this is very important and can affect your stack-up and rail height.
- Use the application drawing to determine your stack up.
- Choose your coil cable.
- Trolley – determine your hang point (this can not be a single point) and choose your trolley. If you have a trolley already, an EBD1127 adaptor plate will be provided at no extra charge.
- Hoist Control Set-up – Determine how you are going to control your up/down movement, and which configuration best fits the application; keeping the following in mind.
- Choosing the Inline Handle:
- Can the operator reach the handle in the upmost position?
- Will the operator be safe using the inline handle with being so close to the load?
- Can the operator always reach the run-stop button?
- Be sure you identify any additional cables when choosing your configuration.
- The LMM to the OCI
- The fixture handle to the OCI
- Choosing the Inline Handle:
- Plant Power – Servo systems operate on 230VAC 1phase. If the plant that this is being installed in only has 480VAC, you will need to order one of our 480VAC/ 240VAC transformer disconnect options.