Knight Pneumatic, Extension, Vertical and Servo Articulating Arms provide a wide variety of configurations to lift, rotate, balance, move and transfer products to and from conveyors, dunnage, assembly lines and more.
Our ergonomic articulating arms help to reduce operator fatigue by absorbing torque reaction and allowing for effortless lifting and manipulating of products. These are best used for the positioning of a fixture or end effector within a typical work area using overhead or floor mounted workstation cranes.
Features and Benefits+
- Travels inside Knight’s RAD4110, RAD6110, or RAD7510 Series Rail.
- Lifts, Rotates, Balances, and Manipulates product with minimal effort.
- Variety of Control Configurations.
- Overhead Carriage Sizes: 24 in. [609mm] or 36 in. [914mm].
- Max. Arm Length: Up to 48 in. [1,219mm].
- Max. Extension Boom Length: Up to 48in. [1,219mm]. (Lengths over 48 in. Contact a Knight Representative).
- Max. Vertical Arm Travel: Up to 48 in. [1,219mm].
- Max. Lifting/Balance Capacity: Up to 375 lbs. [170kg] at 100 psi [6.8bar]. (Pneumatic Arms)- (Capacity Varies with Reach).
- Max. Load Capacity: Up to 2,000 lbs. [907kg] (Servo Arms).
- Overhead Mounted or Pedestal Mounted.
- Reduces Operator Fatigue
- Arm travels on the “X”, “Y”, and “Z” Axis.
- Absorbs Torque Reaction.
- Fixed or 360° Rotation.
- Optional Pivot Brake.
- Optional Parking Brake.
- Optional Clutch Brake.
Knight Pneumatic arms use a parallelogram structure that articulates at the vertical planes. This design allows vertical positioning of a fixture or end effector. We offer a wide range of arm types, capacities and configurations to handle many types of end tooling.
Pneumatic arms are used to lift, rotate, balance, move and transfer product to and from conveyors, dunnage, assembly lines and more.
Light Duty / Medium Duty / Heavy Duty / Balancer Series / Floor Mounted Pedestal / Overhead Carriage Mounted
Knight Extension arms allow for overhead extended reach within a specified work cell. An Extension arm enables the operator to extend beyond the working limits of a rail system. A Knight Pneumatic Balancer or Servo Hoist mounts to the arm which lifts and lowers the load.
- Maximum lift capacity up to: 700 lbs. [317.5kg] (Pneumatic Balancer model)
- Maximum lift capacity up to: 1,000 lbs. [453.5kg] (Servo Hoist model)
Single and Dual Bridge Configurations (Balancer/ Servo model) / Pedestal Mounted (Servo Hoist model only)
Knight Servo Arms incorporate Servo Hoist (IAD) Intelligent Assist Device technology into various arm configurations to provide controlled transfers of workloads for every situation.
Knight Servo arms are available in Articulating, Extension, Extension Boom and Vertical Arm configurations. They can be mounted to a single bridge, rotating carriage, fixed carriage and floor mounted pedestal.
- Maximum lift capacity: Up to 2,000 lbs. [907kg].
- Maximum travel speeds: Up to 200 fpm.
Articulating / Extension / Extension Boom / Vertical / Floor Mounted Pedestal / Overhead Carriage Mounted
Knight Vertical Mast Arms allow end tooling to be mounted to a rigid vertical mast. Vertical travel is achieved with a Knight Pneumatic Balancer, Servo Hoist, Pneumatic Cylinder or Chain Hoist. Vertical Mast Arms are typically used in applications that require significant UP/DOWN travel and precision placement.
- Maximum lift capacity: up to 500 lbs. [226kg]. – (Direct Loads – Shown Pneumatic Balancer Model).
- Maximum lift capacity: up to 500 lbs. [226kg] – 1,000 lbs. [454kg]. – (Offset/Cantilevered Loads – Not Shown).
- Maximum lift capacity: up to 1,500 lbs. [680kg] Reeved. – (Offset/Cantilevered Loads – Shown Servo Model).
Balancer Series / Servo Series / Floor Mounted Pedestal / Overhead Carriage Mounted