Together at Knight
When you work at Knight, you join a team of empowered individuals who come together day in and day out to ensure our products and services are consistently top-of-the-line. We’re a team, 250+ strong, built on years of experience, trust, dedication and drive.
From upper management to design, from machining to customer service, the opportunities for growth are endless at Knight. We invite you to join our family and experience first-hand the culture we have set forth here at our organization.
Interested in an open position below?
Please contact us for next steps.
Knight Global Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
[8-04-2020] NX Lift Assist Designer - FULL TIME
A Knight Designer must be able to handle several assignments simultaneously. Be able to take a job from the initial order to installation and production support. Be able to work with and understand the requirements of mechanical, electrical and controls engineers. Be able to communicate and covey mechanical ideas competently, in verbal, written and technical drawing formats.
Each Designer has a significant amount of autonomy and is responsible for their project from start to finish. Opportunities and challenges are abundant due to the variety of different applications presented to us.
- We prefer an Associates degree in Tool and Fixture Design, Mechanical Drafting, Automated Systems Technology – Mechatronics or equivalent. Equivalent experience would suffice.
- Enrolled students with at least one year complete can be considered based on experience.
- 2-5 years of Industry experience in design, detailing and mechanical blue print reading.
- Proficient in NX / UGNX / Unigraphics
- Or proficient in SolidWorks
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Windows file management as it relates to design with CAD software.
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications.
- Resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Meet with customers and design team members to develop solutions to problems that are presented.
- Verify that planned solutions are ergonomically sound when the solutions involve human interaction.
- Show that planned solutions will work in a fully formed layout. (2D and 3D)
- Understand design around industry related materials and processes
- Types of materials used.
- Strengths and weaknesses.
- Material characteristics.
- Processes required to machine and form materials.
- Types of materials used.
- Understand the proper use of industry related hardware and actuators.
- Read and detail mechanical drawings using:
- ANSI and ISO Standards
- AWS Standards
- Release and follow projects through build and buy off
- Create, organize, and manage final project documentation
- Drawings, Models, Instructions, and Manuals.