Together at Knight
When you work at Knight, you join a team of empowered individuals who come together day in and day out to ensure our products and services are consistently top-of-the-line. We’re a team, 250+ strong, built on years of experience, trust, dedication and drive.
From upper management to design, from machining to customer service, the opportunities for growth are endless at Knight. We invite you to join our family and experience first-hand the culture we have set forth here at our organization.
Interested in an open position below?
Please contact us for next steps or visit our Facebook / Indeed to apply.
Knight Global Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Advantages of Working At Knight+
- Knight’s customer base is worldwide and very diverse. Opportunities and challenges are abundant due to the very different applications presented to us.
- We are known around the world for our expertise and having Knight Global on your resume is a respected plus.
- Our environment is state-of-the-art and we are located in a very dynamic and growing community for leading engineering companies.
- Knight’s Shop is also state-of-the-art with the latest in CNC, Lasers and water jet. We also are the leader in servo technology within our field.
- Knight offers excellent medical and dental insurance to full-time employees, as well as paid vacation, 401k, and a variety of opportunities for highly driven young graduates seeking new learning environments.
[Jan. 2023] Accounts Payable - Part Time
Duties & Qualifications+
- 5+ Years accounting or general office experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with MS Office and accounting software in a network environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
Note: This job posting is for part-time work only.
- Process receivables, general ledger, payables and/or payroll as assigned.
- Generate financial reports.
- Review invoices for accuracy.
- Process and distribute end-of-month reports.
- Maintain computer databases, files and records.
- Provide back-up support for other accounting functions as required.
[Jan. 2023] Controls / Application Engineer
Duties & Qualifications+
- AS/BSEE, AS/BSEET, or Technical degree
- 3-5 years Industry experience
- Proficient with the application of PLC hardware and software for both the Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms.
- Proficient with the application of servo drive hardware and software using both the Allen Bradley Ultra 5000 & the Kinetic Motion Control platforms.
- Microprocessor & DSP programming ability in “C” language and/or assembly language.
- Ability to read and understand digital logic schematics, ladder logic and IEC 61131-3 diagrams.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Familiar with electrical and safety standards
- Familiarity with ePlan is a plus.
- Rockwell Software RS5, RS500, RS5000
- Rockwell Software PanelBuilder1400e, PanelBuilder32, RSView
- Rockwell Software RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
- Rockwell Servo Controllers Ultra5000, Kinetics
- Emerson Servo Controllers
- Siemens Step7
- Siemens ProTool/Pro
- Siemens SIMATIC
- General Motors Certification is a plus
- 25% travel minimum, domestic and international opportunities
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm systems’ and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods and testing properties.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components, soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods, testing finished products and systems capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product database by writing computer programs, entering data.
- Maintain professional and technological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Review projects including quotes, job specs, and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
Design and document hardware, electrical wiring, and pneumatic diagrams for industrial control systems.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, requesting repair service.
- Complete projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Design PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) software.
- Design HMI (Human Machine Interface) software.
- Design servo controller/motor hardware and software.
- Provide technical support for training of plant personnel and for installation of tools and equipment.
- Process the job from cradle to grave.
- Coordinate with project manager, mechanical designer, and assembler to ensure a successful project.
[Oct. 2022] Electrical Controls Panel Builder
Duties & Qualifications+
- High School Diploma and at least 2 years of experience assembling and wiring control panels.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate miscellaneous powered and manual tools.
- Knowledge of electrical components (PLCs, servos, variable frequency drives, etc.)
- Experience with wire-to-wire processing (point-to-point)
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics / wiring diagrams and mechanical layouts.
- Familiar with basic electromechanical and automation equipment such as circuit breakers, relays, lights, switches, motor starters, contractors, etc.
- Rockwell/Allen Bradley product knowledge is a plus.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to customer sites for installation and support (infrequent).
- Custom control panel layout and design.
- Perform essential wiring of servo control panel units.
- Test servo control panels and assemblies.
- Read, understand and apply manufacturer’s supplied documentation.
- Be familiar with and apply all national electrical codes, NFPA guidelines.
- Familiar with and apply OSHA requirements.
- Assemble panels from design to finish.
- Able to gauge wire.
- Basic soldering skills.
- AC/DC power distribution.
- Experienced with remote I/O operation.
- Use basic hand tools to achieve tasks.