Together at Knight
When you work at Knight, you join a team of empowered individuals who come together day in and day out to ensure our products and services are consistently top-of-the-line. We’re a team, 250+ strong, built on years of experience, trust, dedication and drive.
From upper management to design, from machining to customer service, the opportunities for growth are endless at Knight. We invite you to join our family and experience first-hand the culture we have set forth here at our organization.
Interested in an open position below?
Knight Global Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Advantages of Working At Knight+
- Knight’s customer base is worldwide and very diverse. Opportunities and challenges are abundant due to the very different applications presented to us.
- We are known around the world for our expertise and having Knight Global on your resume is a respected plus.
- Our environment is state-of-the-art and we are located in a very dynamic and growing community for leading engineering companies.
- Knight’s Shop is also state-of-the-art with the latest in CNC, Lasers and water jet. We also are the leader in servo technology within our field.
- Knight offers excellent medical and dental insurance to full-time employees, as well as paid vacation, 401k, and a variety of opportunities for highly driven young graduates seeking new learning environments.
[Dec. 2021] Electrical Controls Panel Builder
Duties & Qualifications+
- High School Diploma and at least 2 years of experience assembling and wiring control panels.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate miscellaneous powered and manual tools.
- Knowledge of electrical components (PLCs, servos, variable frequency drives, etc.)
- Experience with wire-to-wire processing (point-to-point)
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics / wiring diagrams and mechanical layouts.
- Familiar with basic electromechanical and automation equipment such as circuit breakers, relays, lights, switches, motor starters, contractors, etc.
- Rockwell/Allen Bradley product knowledge is a plus.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to customer sites for installation and support (infrequent).
- Custom control panel layout and design.
- Perform essential wiring of servo control panel units.
- Test servo control panels and assemblies.
- Read, understand and apply manufacturer’s supplied documentation.
- Be familiar with and apply all national electrical codes, NFPA guidelines.
- Familiar with and apply OSHA requirements.
- Assemble panels from design to finish.
- Able to gauge wire.
- Basic soldering skills.
- AC/DC power distribution.
- Experienced with remote I/O operation.
- Use basic hand tools to achieve tasks.