Together at Knight
When you work at Knight, you join a team of empowered individuals who come together day in and day out to ensure our products and services are consistently top-of-the-line. We’re a team, 250+ strong, built on years of experience, trust, dedication and drive.
From upper management to design, from machining to customer service, the opportunities for growth are endless at Knight. We invite you to join our family and experience first-hand the culture we have set forth here at our organization.
Interested in an open position below?
Knight Global Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knight is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Advantages of Working At Knight+
- Knight’s customer base is worldwide and very diverse. Opportunities and challenges are abundant due to the very different applications presented to us.
- We are known around the world for our expertise and having Knight Global on your resume is a respected plus.
- Our environment is state-of-the-art and we are located in a very dynamic and growing community for leading engineering companies.
- Knight’s Shop is also state-of-the-art with the latest in CNC, Lasers and water jet. We also are the leader in servo technology within our field.
- Knight offers excellent medical and dental insurance to full-time employees, as well as paid vacation, 401k, and a variety of opportunities for highly driven young graduates seeking new learning environments.
[April, 2022] Machinist
Duties & Qualifications+
- Ability to read blueprints, calipers and micrometers.
- Have a good understanding of Trigonometry.
- Capability of running machines such as lathes, Bridgeports, and surface grinders.
- Can use carbide, high speed tooling.
- Must have his own tools.
- We will provide perishable tooling.
- Machining parts on various machines including lathe, Bridgeport, surface grinder, press brake, boring mill, tube bender, and radial drill.
- Checking own work against prints and meeting ISO procedures.
- Machining within .002″ tolerances and also working with loose tolerance.
- Broach parts.
- Using construction holes in a part.
- Fitting parts
[Dec. 2021] Electrical Controls Panel Builder
Duties & Qualifications+
- High School Diploma and at least 2 years of experience assembling and wiring control panels.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate miscellaneous powered and manual tools.
- Knowledge of electrical components (PLCs, servos, variable frequency drives, etc.)
- Experience with wire-to-wire processing (point-to-point)
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics / wiring diagrams and mechanical layouts.
- Familiar with basic electromechanical and automation equipment such as circuit breakers, relays, lights, switches, motor starters, contractors, etc.
- Rockwell/Allen Bradley product knowledge is a plus.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to customer sites for installation and support (infrequent).
- Custom control panel layout and design.
- Perform essential wiring of servo control panel units.
- Test servo control panels and assemblies.
- Read, understand and apply manufacturer’s supplied documentation.
- Be familiar with and apply all national electrical codes, NFPA guidelines.
- Familiar with and apply OSHA requirements.
- Assemble panels from design to finish.
- Able to gauge wire.
- Basic soldering skills.
- AC/DC power distribution.
- Experienced with remote I/O operation.
- Use basic hand tools to achieve tasks.
[Dec. 2021] Controls Engineer
Duties & Qualifications+
- AS/BSEE, AS/BSEET, or Technical degree
- 3-5 years Industry experience
- Proficient with the application of PLC hardware and software for both the Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms.
- Proficient with the application of servo drive hardware and software using both the Allen Bradley Ultra 5000 & the Kinetic Motion Control platforms.
- Microprocessor & DSP programming ability in “C” language and/or assembly language.
- Ability to read and understand digital logic schematics, ladder logic and IEC 61131-3 diagrams.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Familiar with electrical and safety standards
- Familiarity with ePlan is a plus.
- Rockwell Software RS5, RS500, RS5000
- Rockwell Software PanelBuilder1400e, PanelBuilder32, RSView
- Rockwell Software RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
- Rockwell Servo Controllers Ultra5000, Kinetics
- Emerson Servo Controllers
- Siemens Step7
- Siemens ProTool/Pro
- Siemens SIMATIC
- General Motors Certification is a plus
- 25% travel minimum, domestic and international opportunities
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm systems and components capabilities by designing testing methods and testing properties.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components, soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods, testing finished products and systems capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product database by writing computer programs, entering data.
- Maintain professional and technological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Review projects including quotes, job specs, and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Design and document hardware, electrical wiring, and pneumatic diagrams for industrial control systems.
- Design PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) software
- Design HMI (Human Machine Interface) software
- Design servo controller/motor hardware and software
- Coordinate with project manager, mechanical designer, and assembler to ensure a successful project.
[Jan. 2022] Mechanical Designer
Duties & Qualifications+
- Preferred Associates degree in Tool and Fixture Design, Mechanical Drafting
- Enrolled students with at least 1 year complete can be considered based on experience.
- 2-5 years of Industry experience in design, detailing, and mechanical blueprint reading.
- Proficient in NX / UG / Unigraphics.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Windows file management as it relates to design with CAD software.
- Travel up to 10% per year may be required, as both domestic and international opportunities arise.
- Driver’s License and credit card to procure a passport.
- Performing off site tasks may be required.
- Field measurements
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications.
- Resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Meet with the customers and design team members to develop solutions to problems that are presented.
- Verify that planned solutions are ergonomically sounds when the solutions involve human interaction.
- Show that planned solutions will work in a fully formed layout. (2D and 3D)
- Understand the proper use of industry related hardware and actuators.
- Read and detail mechanical drawings using:
- ANSI and ISO Standards.
- AWS Standards.
- Release and follow projects through build and buyoff.
- Create, organize, and manage final project documentation.
- Drawings, Models, Instructions, and Manuals.