Safety Drop Stop “SDS” Pneumatic Balancer
Knight’s Safety Drop Stop “SDS” Pneumatic Balancer is the safest balancer in the world due to its ability to prevent a hoisted load from dropping in the event that the primary chain fails. The “SDS” Balancer prevents potential injuries to your operating personnel.
Pneumatic Balancers are used in applications where a “float” condition is beneficial. Float allows for the hands-free final positioning of an object. The up/down speed of an pneumatic balancer is quicker when compared to a hoist and allows for a “feathering” operation when locating the load. The pendant controls are ergonomically designed incorporating color-coded thumb levers.
Knight chain balancers use a custom grade 80 lifting chain specially treated to increase the life of the chain by up to 300% over standard grade 80 lifting chain.
SDS Series Model Numbers:
KBC250S-054, KBC500S-084 & KBC700S-052
To see examples of custom Balancer applications designed by Knight, visit our Gallery.
- CE Compliant Upon Request.
- Redundant chain design for safe operation:
- Load Chain: Carries the load.
- Safety Chain: Rides along for redundancy.
- Hands-Free Operation.
- Standard “Float” Mode.
- Internal Centrifugal Retract Control.
- Requires Non-Lubricated Clean/Dry Air.
- Max Balancing Capacity: Up to 700 lbs. [318kg].
- Standard Travel: Up to 84 in. [2133mm].
- Optional External Retract Controls.
- Optional Limit Switches.
- Optional High Relieving and Feathertouch Controls.
- Multiple Suspension Kits Available.
SDS Series Specifications+
SDS Series Specifications
|Model Number||Capacity lbs [kg]||Travel in. [mm]|
|KBC250S-054||250 ||54 [1,371]|
|KBC500S-084||500 ||84 [2,133]|
|KBC700S-052||700 ||52 [1,321]|